USB – LCD with PIC Microcontroller & FT232
USB LCD/VFD Controller is a HD44870 based LCD/VFD controller via USB interface. The control command is compatible with Matrix-Orbital’s LCD module.
So, you can use any MO friendly software to control this baby. Such as LCDC…
The firmware are based on David Potter’s Serial LCD/VFD Display, but I almost rewrite the entire code.
I build this controller based on a PIC16F873 MCU. The main feature are:
* Use a FTDI FT232BM chip as the USB bus controller.
* The whole device are work in Bus-Power mode, and no external power are needed.
* Supports industry-standard LCD interface (Hitachi HD44780 or “14/16 pin” interface)
* Configured for 16×2,20×2,20×4,40×2 LCD/VFD module.
* Hareware 19200-baud RS-232 input, 96 bytes of receive buffer. Flow control are not supported
* Standard software commands such as clear screen, cursor move, etc.
* Supports custom characters
* The LCD/VFD can configured via commands
* The Splash screen can changed to whatever you want
* 2 GPO
* 4×4 Keypad
* The LCD contrast could be configured by software.