12V 20Amp Power Supply by IC 7912 + 2N3055
Here is 12 volt power supply 20A , USE LM7912 and 2N3055 .
It easy circuit , Low cost. see detail more in image.
This power supply is the result of the use of components at hand (junk box). The core of the project is a number of 2N3055 transistors and a transformer with a 16 volt 18 amp secondary winding.
As it is constructed using the parts I had available at the time it may not be the most cost effective design if all parts are purchased new.
Rather than use a more conventional arrangement with a positive supply it was easier to use a negative supply and make use of a 7912 negative regulator as the voltage control. Then by using available NPN transistors to boost output, an output up to 20 amps can be obtained at 12 volts.
Similar circuits : Regulator 12V 10A by IC 723+2N3055 , Power Supply 13.8V 30-40A with LM723 and BUZ24 or IRF150 , 12 Volt Low Voltage Droput Precision Regulator with LM324 , 12V Switching Car PSU by UC3843 + 74LS02 , 12V 5A power supply Regulator with LM2678-12
Read More Source:http://radarclub.tripod.com/Homebrew.htm
Incoming search terms:
- electric diagram 2n3055 -lm7812 circuit power supply
- 13 8v power supply schematic
- vista power supply 20 amp
- vista dc power supply 12 volt diagrams
- 12 volt high amp power supply circuits
- ic 7912 12v voltage regulator circuit diagramme
- how to use a 7912 for - 13 8 volts
- how to make negative regulator power supply using 7912
- diagram to build a 12v 20amp power supply
- low voltage step up transformer wiring diagrams